Translate

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Gyaru Blogging Meme! ~ When did you start dressing gyaru? ~


Hey guys! Even though I've been on holidays for almost 2 weeks now, I haven't done any blog posts. D: Sorry!

I thought I might do the gyaru blogging meme to fill in between other posts. I've got another haul video coming up soon, and there will be a post to go with it, so stay tuned for that!

The first question in the meme is, 'when did you start dressing gyaru?'.

I'm going to start with when I first began to be into 'fashion'. I was into the whole, thrift store style. I also live in a beachy area, so the boho look is really popular here. So I used to dress a lot in that style, and I was also coming out of my 'emo' phase too. During this time, I was also interested in Japanese fashion, but more of the stuff you'd see in Harajuku than gyaru.
The grunge, oh how it lingered
Boho/Thrift store kinda look





I also had another side to me, where I liked to dress up a fair bit and be quite girly, I like to think of this as my pre-gyaru phase.

The first time I ever wore anything gyaru, was my trip to Japan in 2010. I went to Liz Lisa and got this dress. Now, I know that gyaru is more than just putting on a dress, but that is the first time I ever even came into contact with anything gyaru!
How embarrassing~
After living in Japan for a while, and the fact that my school was in Shibuya, I saw a lot of gyaru girls walking around and fell in love with the style. I started to dress more and more 'gyaru'ish.
This is the first week of me living in Japan. It's more gyaru than the last time I wore that dress, haha.

Then I exploded in my gyaru-ness. I was wearing false lashes daily, I just couldn't get enough of it. My make up improved a lot, but my fashion still wasn't 100% gyaru.




Now, most of the stuff I buy is gyaru, I rarely buy from Australian stores... I don't wear false lashes too often anymore, unless I'm going out on a date.  I also started wearing circle lenses on the odd occasion too, and when I go to Japan I want to buy more so I can wear them more often without feeling like I'm going to waste them.

Yep, it's that dress again!


So I started out fairly hime-gyaru, and now I still do that but I am also delving into onee-gyaru. I'm liking the contrast between the two styles, and it's nice to be able to switch things up every now and again.






I wish I knew people in the local area who were into gyaru, or any Japanese fashion sub-culture for that matter, because I always feel so judged when I am out and about. I live in a town where people wear jeans, thongs or board shorts no matter where they go... PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE AN AUSTRALIAN GYARU~~

That's about it for my fashion journey. I hope you found this interesting, and you should let me know about your history in the comments!!! :)

See you next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment